Thursday, October 10, 2013

So, finally I got to go back into my sewing room and work on my project. I have spent a little time (two weeks) working on a project for my daughter. She is in the process of writing a quilting book..she was in need of a piecer and I got to be one of them. I pieced more in a short time than I have in quite a while. So, I have pieced two quilt tops, and quilted a quilt. Waiting for another quilt to quilt...I am sure that it will arrive any day now. Sorry, no pictures...but what I have seen is awesome.
And, while I am finished with helping the daughter, I also needed to make a baby quilt. I have a good friend that is having her first grandchild...a boy! A BOY...what do I make for a boy!. I have three sisters, I have two daughters and five granddaughters...what is a boy! I have nothing in my stash to make something boyish...well, maybe there are a few pieces of fabric! But, just not what I wanted to make. It is just a flannel, raw edge baby blanket, but it is warm, soft and snuggly! So, I finished making the warm, soft, snuggly baby quilt. I was able find SOME nice baby flannel in my stash to make a few burp clothes. What mother does not need 3 dozens of those..but, I only made eight.
So, back to what I am doing back in my room. I have been looking at my design wall and have finally decided to make a few adjustments to the project..pictures will follow in a few days. I have had this project on my design wall, since the wall went up. It just has not looked right..so, finally I decided it was time to make it right. When I pulled the project out of space it was in...I needed a new sky fabric....then, I needed a new tree trunk fabric..and, now the only thing left from the original project is the background and I am not entirely sure that is going to remain. No wonder the project was not finished, it just wasn't right. But, never fear, all will be headed in the right direction in a very short time.
And while we are on the top of the projects that I love to make. It is so difficult to find any info on how to make an art piece. I have questions that I just cannot find the answers too. Some of those questions are; When doing free motion type of three play, I don't want to see all of my thread play on the final backing. So, I have decided that I will be doing my thread play on the top, with a sandwich of batting and muslin. Then at some point I will ad a backing fabric and there is the next questions. Do, I sew thru the layers to attach the pieces together. I think that I have to, because other wise the project has to hang from the backing and it would not be attached to the front, only the binding. I will be working thru these questions as I make this project. I will keep you updated on how thing progress and what I feel are the best methods to use. And hopefully I will have pictures to show while I am moving thru this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment