Thursday, January 2, 2014

Well, that is not what I expected...

Well, it is not...I expected that I would find time and things to post about, well, forever. But, I can see that is not happening. It seems like the last two months have just sped by. November was the month I prepared for the Christmas Bazaar. And after spending an entire month to get ready.....it snowed on the first day of the Bazaar. For some of you, this is not a big deal. But, we are talking about the rainy, wet, Willamette Valley, Oregon. We DON'T do snow. Our cities are not equipped for snow removal. But, it was not a good Friday morning, to look outside and see 10-12" of snow. But, we managed. The husband outfitted the car with the studded tires. We are really prepared for this weather, we have an all wheel drive vehicle and four studded snow tires...the reason is...to see the grand-daughters in Eastern Oregon, it is a drive over two mountain passes...and in the winter they can be very snowy.
But, the Bazaar went off with a hitch. Business was brisk, I did well, but as a booth operator, we always hope for better than better.
December was short on days or at least it seemed like it because Thanksgiving was so late. December was spent trying to catch up on small little customer orders and getting things ready for the grand-daughters. Since three of them live in Georgia, I have to make sure that those gifts get in the mail....in time to get to them for Christmas....and then the additional issue is that one of the girls has a birthday a week before Christmas, so the scramble is on.
So, the holidays are over....for another year. I am currently working on my last customer quilt. I am ready to take my time and go in a new direction. I will be posting pictures as soon as I am ready, pictures of this grand new passion in quilting. For now, I am busy working towards an entry into a contest this month. So, I am off and running. I will check back here more often...I promise,.....I think....fingers crossed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment